SAMPLE BAR GLAM PACK | July Unboxing + Initial Thoughts


For us ladies in New Zealand, we are a bit disconnected from the rest of the beauty world in terms of range of products available and the unreasonable prices here in NZ (my bank account and I have an epic love/hate relationship), and after hearing all about Birchbox, Ipsy and the rest of the sample box phenomena I was desperate for something to catch on here. Thankfully last year my wish was granted and along came the Sample Bar Glam Pack.
For only $25 NZD a month you get at least five products from a variety of brands and various prices. There will always be products that equal or exceed the amount you paid, which is a bonus. Plus it's awesome to be able to try a bunch of different products.

So far I have had three Glam Packs and each one has not disappointed and from them I have discovered some brilliant products that I probably wouldn't have otherwise brought. The July 2013 Glam Pack also did not disappoint, but I have enjoyed a couple of the other months over this one. But let's get into the products...



PRODUCT 001. Angel Professional Hair Soften Spray [RRP $21.50 - $34.50 (80-250ml)] 
This hair spray is said to rejuvenate dry and stressed hair to make it shiny, smooth and moisturised, all the good thing you want for your hair!




PRODUCT 002. Skinfood Nourishing Moisturiser [RRP $13.99 (100ml)] 
A 50ml, excellent handbag sized moisturiser for dry skin. Skinfood is a New Zealand based skin care company and their products are environmentally friendly, with no parabens or artificial perfumes. Excited to try this, I love a good nourishing body cream!




PRODUCT 003. Manicure Glam Eyes Crystal Face Jewels [RRP $9.99] 
This is just one of the full size items from the Glam Pack but unfortunately I don't think I will be using them much, unless for a costume/dress-up party. Although they would be fun to play around with. They remind of the little stick on earrings from when we were younger!




PRODUCT 004. Designer Brands Kohl Eyeliner Pencil in Black 631 [RRP $8.99] 
Another of the full size products and a more usable one for me! Lately I tend to use liquid liner, but will definitely be giving this one a go. I have an eyeshadow palette from Designer Brands and the quality is surprisingly really good (and kind on the wallet), and the eyeliner after swatching didn't want to budge from the back of my hand - a good sign!




PRODUCT 005. Dr. Hauschka Rejuvenating Mask + Moisturizing Mask [RRP range from $85-$95 (30ml)] 
These are two 2.5ml samples of some very expensive face products which I normally would not tend to go for slash justify. I am looking forward to giving these a go and seeing if they are worth the price or not...

So that's it for the July Glam Pack, initial impressions are good 4/5 products are right up my alley and the face jewels not so much. BUT expect a full review at the end of the month after I've given the products a bit of use!
back to top