MOST LOVED | July '13


So the end of another month of 2013... I know that everyone says it but I can't believe it's August... utter craziness! But that means a wee round up of some things I have loved over the past month of July, mostly beauty but a few randoms at the end.

BEAUTY

001. Real Techniques Blush Brush + Contour Brush
This month I branched into the world of Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman. Watching all the YouTubers and bloggers talk about them I was eager to get my hands on some. I got the Flawless Base Core Collection, which came with 4 brushes and got the Blush brush individually from here. I can't speak more highly about these brushes! I've been using the contour brush, not to contour but to buff in under eye concealer and spot concealing and it works amazingly. The Blush Brush is gorgeous and super soft, it picks up product but not to heavily, blends well and allowed for build-able colour. I think I'm going to need the whole collection...

002. Garnier Light Eye Roll On
I brought this product on a wim plus it was really inexpensive and the idea sounded nice. It has a metal ball roller and when applied to the eye it is super cooling and feels lovely. It is aimed at anti-puffiness and anti-dark circles - although I haven't noticed a huge difference in dark circles, it is really nice for puffiness. Kind of a novelty product, but I think it will be really good in the summer.

003. Maybelline Dream Mousse Concealer in 03 Sand
This concealer has incredible coverage and is for anti dark circles and corrector. I use it under my eyes but I more like it for spot/acne concealing and it works amazingly. It has amazing staying power and is thick but easily blendable and a little goes a long way.

004. e.l.f. Studio Blush in Tickled Pink
So this is apparently a close dupe for NARS Deep Throat, which I haven't tired but so far I am loving this colour. It's a lovely dusty/pale pink and doesn't have to much shimmer in it. Teamed with the Real Techniques Blush brush, it goes on like a dream and lasts pretty much the whole day.

005. Covergirl LineExact Liquid Liner in Very Black 600
I am obsessed with this liquid eyeliner! It's easy to apply, heavily pigmented and has awesome staying power. I love liquid liner and this is one of my all time favs right now!

006. Covergirl Clump Crusher by Lashblast Mascara in Very Black 800
When it comes to mascara I rarely stick to one and like to try out all kinds. At the moment I love this Covergirl mascara, I've always liked the Covergirl mascara line, but this one takes the cake. It has plastic bristles, which I feel really separate the lashes with no clumps - as promised! The brush is curved so fits the eye contour perfectly. You can put on lots of coats to build it up and works amazingly.

007. Maybelline Moisture Extreme Lipstick in Autumn Rose 42
I love this colour, it's a nice dusty pinky colour and a real everyday lipstick. The formula is so smooth and feels really moisturising, like the name suggests - no need to put a gloss or balm over the top. It's super easy to wear and it's like a 'your lips but better' colour.

008. Revlon Top Speed Nail Polish in Stormy 820
This is a really unique colour and is gorgeous for the colder months. I think it's quite unusual, with a hybrid mauve/grey colour and it looks really elegant and fashionable on the nails. The perfect Autumn/Winter colour.

009. O.P.I. Nail Envy Matte
This has really helped my nails over this month and they have grown the longest ever, I think! I'm always painting my nails, so the endless polish remover can be really damaging so this has been a savior. It has strengthen my nails and it works really good as a base coat.

010. Batiste Dry Shampoo in Blush Scent
So this very popular dry shampoo I've found to be amazing! Like some dry shampoos that can leave the white/dandruff look (not nice at all) - the Batiste doesn't have that at all! It smells nice and give my hair the boost it needs. I use it mostly in the evening if I'm going out to refresh the hair and give it back some volume.

RANDOM

011. Jay Z - Magna Carta Holy Grail
I don't know what to say but WOW. I am in love with this album and it has been on repeat all month. Favourties include Holy Grail with JT and BBC.. actually it was really hard to narrow down because I just want to list all the tracks!

012. Cupcakes
I am cupcake obsessed. They are one of my favourite things to bake and you can create endless flavour combinations. Check out my instagram snaps of some of my cupcake creations.

MOST LOVED | July '13 - Covergirl, e.l.f., Batiste, Real Techniques, Maybelline, Garnier - CassandraMyeeMOST LOVED | July '13 - Covergirl, e.l.f., Batiste, Real Techniques, Maybelline, Garnier - CassandraMyee

MOST LOVED | July '13 - Covergirl, e.l.f., Batiste, Real Techniques, Maybelline, Garnier - CassandraMyee
013. And my final favourite has been starting this blog! I am looking forward to further developing it and it's nice to be able to record my thoughts and the like and share them with others! Follow me for more posts like this, I would absolutely love that!
back to top