SAMPLE BAR GLAM PACK | July End of Month Review



So it has come to the end of July and it's time for my thoughts after using the products from my Sample Bar Glam Pack! See my post here with my unboxing and initial thoughts. Let's get into it!
PRODUCT 001. Angel Professional Hair Soften Spray [RRP $21.50 - $34.50 (80-250ml)]I absolutely loved this leave-in hair spray; it smelt nice, it sprayed evenly and left my hair feeling AMAZING after using it! After I have showered and towel dried my hair I spray this in, mainly focusing on the ends and then brush it through then blow dry/style as normal. It gave me the feeling of just leaving the hair dresser, it was that good! It doesn't leave the hair feeling greasy or heavy - it does exactly what it says it does, soften your hair!

PRODUCT 002. Skinfood Nourishing Moisturiser [RRP $13.99 (100ml)]
This moisturiser is specifically designed for dry skin and has quite a thick formula. I find that it took a wee while to sink in when I used it on my hands (much prefer a fast absorbing cream for hands), but when used on patches of dry skin on my arms and legs I really enjoyed it and thought it did a good job at really nourishing the areas I needed it. The scent is pretty non-offensive and the packaging is a good size for putting in your bag and travelling with.

PRODUCT 003. Manicure Glam Eyes Crystal Face Jewels [RRP $9.99]
Now I can't comment on these because I didn't use them and not sure when I actually will. Perhaps if I have a costume party they could be pretty fun to try out, but for everyday use/going out I don't think I'll be rocking the face jewels! Manicure is a good brand though and I'm sure they are great if that's what you're after.

PRODUCT 004. Designer Brands Kohl Eyeliner Pencil in Black 631 [RRP $8.99]
Now I am definitely a liquid eyeliner girl, as I prefer that cleaner look rather than a more smudgy black eye, but gave it a try to branch out a wee bit. It went on really nice and smooth, which was really surprising, I was expecting it to be hard and drag my eye but it was nice and pigmented and didn't take a heavy hand to get a nice black line. You could work with it after to smudge it out a bit, and the staying power was really good - took a few more swipes with the eye make-up remover to get it off. I was pleasantly surprised with this, considering the price! But I can't say that it has converted me away from the trusty liquid liner - but that's just me personally! Oh and a bonus - the pencil sharpener on the lid - super handy!

PRODUCT 005. Dr. Hauschka Rejuvenating Mask + Moisturizing Mask [RRP range from $85-$95 (30ml)]
These were two, one off testers for two of their masks. It was nice to try some very expensive facial masks as I wouldn't tend to splash out that much at all. The Rejuvenating Mask is said to 'tone and refine the appearance of large pores and calm the skin'. It was a light gel consistency that went on smooth to the face, after having fully cleansed and toned. After 20 minutes, the mask almost had disappeared, so after washing the residue off, my skin did seem brighter and felt super duper soft and my pores were visibly smaller. The next morning my skin still had the softness as well. I absolutely loved the way it worked.

The Moisturizing Mask was a different story. This had a light, yellow cream consistency much thicker than the Rejuvenating Mask and is said to 'sooth and hydrate, with shea butter to prevent dryness and produce a dewy, soft skin and also sunflower oil to activate the natural oils of the skin'. Now I have combination to oily skin, so was pretty apprehensive to use this, but thought I'd give it a go, seeing as I liked the other one so much. It left my skin feeling kind of oily and I think it may have been to much for the parts of my face that are more prone to oily-ness such as my forehead. I don't think I'd use anything like this, but if you had dry skin I think it would work amazingly, as my skin just seemed overly hydrated!

Favourite Product = Angel Professional Hair Soften Spray

Least Favourite = Manicure Crystal Jewels (closely followed by the Dr. Hauschka Moisturizing Mask)

All in all, 4/5 products I enjoyed, so a pretty good Glam Pack. Stay tuned for the August Glam Pack arriving any day now!

back to top