SAMPLE BAR GLAM PACK | September Unboxing + Initial Thoughts





September's Sample Bar Glam Pack theme is Spring Essentials and it's packed with 6 products! My initial reaction was so-so, I already own the Bastiste (and love it) and the Maybelline BB Cream (also love it), and the other products didn't really grab my attention, but after reading what they do/are for, I'm looking forward to trying them out.



PRODUCT 001. EVOLU Protective Day Cream SPF 15 20ml [RRP $54.99 (75ml)]
I have many samples from the Evolu brand as they used to give them out in packs on the plane and also in hotels and they are great products. I haven't tired this day cream and sounds great as it is lightweight and also gives protection from UVA and UVB rays. It has kiwifruit, chamomile and palmarosa, which are all protective nutrients and should help with cell renewal, support connective tissue and will infuse the skin with moisturiser, all according to the wee blurb on the card. Sounds great to me!


PRODUCT 002. Maybelline Dream Pure 8-in-1 BB Cream [RRP $19.99 (30ml)]
If you read my blog, I love this BB Cream and use it everyday! We were given 7 sachets, 1 ml each, which will last for 7 days. These little packets will be ideal for travelling for a few days instead of taking the larger size. This is designed for oily skin and has 2% salicylic acid in it which helps to fight blemishes, a bonus for me!


PRODUCT 003. Nimue Purifier [RRP $81.00 (50ml)]
We received a Nimue rejuvenating mask in last months pack which was designer for drier skin (not me!), so was excited to see this one. It is a skin clarifying day or night formula to control and manage oiliness (right up my street!). It's formulated for problematic skin and it says to apply sparingly to clean dry skin, either morning or night. I feel like this is such a good sized sample and will last a long time, especially if using it on the odd spot. I am most excited about this product from the September pack.


PRODUCT 004. Batiste Dry Shampoo in Floral & Flirty Blush [RRP $7.99 - $15.99 (50ml-200ml)]
I own this dry shampoo and I love it! I actually had this exact size and scent, which I brought months ago to give it a try, I liked it so much I went out and brought the large size. It doesn't leave a white cast in the hair like some dry shampoo's can do, it smells nice, easy to apply to your hair and instantly freshens it up. I am actually pleased to have another smaller size of this - perfect for travelling or chucking in my bag on the go.


PRODUCT 005. YON-KA PARIS Ultra Protection SPF 25 Sunscreen [$49.90 (50ml)]
I was very intrigued about this wee 5ml tube. It says that it is a 2-in-1 product; a sunscreen and it's anti-aging. It has hydrating and nourishing protection and contains the 'YON-KA Quintessence of Oils - lavender, geranium, rosemary, cypress and thyme. It smells really good and doesn't have that awful sunscreen smell. Looking forward to trying this wee guy out.


PRODUCT 006. Broadway Real Life Nails [RRP $21.99]
Now this was the item I was most disappointed with, I have never used fake nails nor have I had the desire too - to be honest I don't really like how they look - but I might give these a go for the sake of a review. They are designed to be easy application with a short length for everyday wear, in a French Manicure style. From looking at them, they are shorter then my nails are at the moment and that is not very long, luckily I am blessed with long nail beds (thanks Mum!), so we shall see if I try these or give them away to a friend who might prefer them!

My initial impressions are good, I did like last month's better, BUT there are some things that I am looking forward to trying, like the Nimue Purifier. I think for someone who received this and hasn't tried the Maybelline BB Cream and the Bastiste Dry Shampoo, this is an awesome glam pack for them and they are in for a treat!

If you've tried any of these products, let me know in the comments about your thoughts!
back to top