ALMAY | Haul from NZ Sale


Almay is a makeup brand pretty accessible here in NZ, but as always the prices compared to what you can get in the US are a lot more expensive. Luckily for me, NZ Sale were having a final clearance on a few Almay and Revlon bits and I could not resist the prices. The only annoying thing about buying things off NZ Sale is that you have to wait until the sale finishes, which can be 2-3 weeks and then wait for shipping so it can take a month or so to even arrive on your doorstep, depending on where the products/clothes are coming from. But the deals are usually very good and in this case they were amazing!


Each item was under $3! I mean that is crazy for foundation and a brand that I use foundation from regularly, I couldn't believe it!



001. Almay Smart Shade Blush in Pink Rose 010 // $2.00
I was really intrigued by this blush so thought for $2 why not give it a try. It is supposed to react to your skin to find the perfect shade of blush, which is a pretty cool concept. When I swatched this I found that the pink colour pigment is separate from the base and you have to mix it a bit to get the shade going and a little goes a long way. I am yet to try this on my face but will do a full review once I have given it a good test run. The shade is lovely though so I am looking forward to seeing how it lasts.


002. Almay Pure Blends Natural Foundation with SPF 20 in Ivory // $3.00
I have been using this foundation for many months now and I really like it. The colour I know is great for me so was easy to pick up another and I couldn't believe the price. I think in Farmers this cost over $20 (can't remember off the top of my head). It is light to medium coverage, and builds nicely. It is quite creamy and you have to work it into the skin a bit. I usually wear a BB cream and then put this on in parts where I need more coverage and then powder it, due to oily skin issues.



003. Almay Clear Complexion Makeup with BlemisHeal Technology in Buff + Ivory // $3.00
Another $3 foundation bargain I couldn't pass up. This was really appealing as it has salicylic acid in it to help treat blemish prone skin, so I am looking forward to seeing if this will make a difference. I got 2 different shades as was unsure what one was going to work best and if Ivory would be the same as in the 'Pure Blends' range and it seems pretty close. Buff is slightly more yellow in tone compared to Ivory. Full reviews will come of this foundation also once I have used for a couple of weeks.

That's it for this short but sweet Almay haul, I am so happy with the prices that I scored these at and look forward to testing the new foundations. Have you tried any Almay products, let me below!
back to top