MUA | Haul #001 + Swatches


MUA - or Make Up Academy - is an English based brand that thankfully ship out worldwide. It is crazy cheap, like 1 pound for eye shadows, nail polish etc and the quality is pretty amazing for the price! I have brought from them before and I love the products that I brought, so when they announced on their Facebook page they would do free international shipping (which is usually £7.50 to NZ) with orders over £15, I was straight on the site. I had my eye on a few things so was so excited to get them with free shipping.
[Warning.. it's a long one]



001. Fairy Dust Nail Polish in Purple Mist // £1.25
This is a purple polish with silver undertones and packed with shimmer. It claims to be opaque in one coat and it is if you do a thick coat, otherwise 2 thin coats and it's perfectly opaque.


002. Nail Polish in Amaretto Crush // £1.00
I was looking forward to trying out some of their polishes, for only £1, you can't go wrong! I love this colour, kind of a muted, pastel (ish) pink. The brushes are quite small, but it doesn't go on streaky and looks great after 2 coats.


003. Nail Polish in Plum Noir //  £1.00
Going into Spring and Summer this may not be the most appropriate colour but how gorgeous is the colour? A really nice plum purple and it is going to great for days when I want a darker nail, or in the colder months.


The MUA bottles immediately reminded me of the Essie bottles so it was interesting to see the differences between them. As soon as I opened the parcels I thought they were tiny and was expecting them to be a little bigger, but then I thought I only paid £1 for them so I can't really complain! The Essie bottles are 15ml, with the MUA bottles holding less then half at 6.2ml.


004. Fur-Effect Nails in Fluffy Puff // £3.00
Seeing the fur effect nail all over Pinterest, I knew I had to give it a go. I love a good nail fad and the fur nail is something a little unique. The fur is super fine, so am thinking it could be quite messy, but will do a blog post about it when I use it.


005. Matte Lipstick in Pouty Pink // £1.00
I own one other MUA lipstick and it was slightly disappointing as wasn't very pigmented, so I was looking forward to trying their new matte formula. I opted for a bright pink, usually a safe colour for me. The formula feels smooth and not drying on the lips and the colour is great and buildable.


006. Power Pout Colour Intense Tint + Balm in Irreplaceable // £3.00
The whole chubby stick like lip product has been all over the make up counters, but I am yet to try them. I love the colour of this, a pinky, purple and has great pigmentation. It twists up from the bottom, but will get blunt as it is used.


007. Fashionista Style Brows Eye Brow Kit // £3.50
It may be a sin but I have only just got into filling in my brows, I am looking forward to giving this kit a go. It has 3 shadow colours and a wax. It came with a small tweezers and a small doubled ended brush, which I doubt I will use, but it'd be great for travelling.


008. Pearl Eye Shadow in Shade 1 // £1.00
Another £1 products, this time one of their Pearl eye shadows. I opted for this white shimmery colour as it will be perfect for an inner corner highlight and also as a base. The pigmentation is so good, for the price it is a real steal!


009. NEW Ever After Matte Palette // £4.00
Left til last is the newly leased Matte Palette, which I am so excited to have in my hot little hands! There was a lot of hype about this in the blog world and I will be dedicating a whole blog post about it with full swatches and more in depth after I have used it a few times. For now, enjoy the GIF (fancy, eh!?)

Breathe a sigh of relief, as that it is for this rather long MUA haul. I don't know about you but hauls are some of my favourite things to read/watch on Youtube and I hope this may have inspired you to buy some of these for yourselves.

Do you own or have you tried any of these products - what do you think?
back to top