MUA | The New Matte Palette Review + Swatches


The Matte Palette from MUA (or Makeup Academy) was a new release a couple of months ago, with much anticipation. MUA are well known for their inexpensive eye shadow palettes, that are often great dupes for higher end brands, such as Urban Decay. I was so happy when this little gem turned up on my doorstep (in a rather large order... see haul post here) and I have been using it the past month giving it a good test run and I have to say I am very happy with my £4.00 - approx. $8 NZD - purchase. It is well worth grabbing if you get the chance and has just recently come back into stock as it sold out pretty quick from its first run, find it here.






The palette comes with 10 shades, all matte of course, and is the perfect palette for creating many different eye looks and these are must have colours in anyone's makeup bag. The pigmentation is great, especially the darker shades and they blend really nicely and have great staying power.


The top row includes a variety of lighter shades, from creams to light browns. The swatches are hard to distinguish but on the eye they are great as base shadows and for the inner corner.


The bottom row is full of darker neutrals, from brown, to a teal blue and a dark black. These are incredibly pigmented and obviously show up a lot better than the light shades. I think the names of each shadow suits the colour perfectly and are all pretty self explanatory.

So MUA hit it out of the park once again with a great, everyday palette that is easy on the bank account and amazing quality for the small amount you pay for it. 

If you have tried it, tell me about it in the comments and whether you agree with me or not, I'd love to know!
back to top