NOTD | Revlon in Minted + Maybelline Color Show Sequins in Gold's Night Out



This edition of NOTD features one of my favourite kind of nail colours to wear at the moment - Mint. Usually I would go for Essie's Mint Candy Apple but I opted for the Revlon offering in the shade Minted (original right?!) Minted is definitely a lot more green when compared to Mint Candy Apple which had a bit more blue through it.



For a bit of added Christmas bling, I went for the Limited Edition Maybelline Color Show Sequins in Gold's Night Out. I absolutely love this glitter as it is packed with glitter and give opaque coverage on a natural nail in 2 coats, unlike other glitter's that are sparse through a clear base. But after one day of wear it already chipped quite a bit, even with the Seche Vite Top Coat. I'm unsure whether it was because I didn't use a base coat but I was pretty disappointed with it! Next time I think I will try with a thin base coat and see if it fair's a little better.

Despite the chipping polish, Revlon Minted has lasted a good 5 days and is now just chipping around the tips. I love the combo of mint and gold and think it's great for the summer Christmas/party season.

Ever tried the Maybelline Color Show Sequins before? Did it chip as easily for you?!

Comments

back to top