SAMPLE BAR GLAM PACK | December Unboxing + Initial Thoughts



December's Sample Bar Glam Pack was a jam packed one! Sample Bar is a monthly subscription service for $25 a month and usually comes with 5 (sometimes 6) sample, or full sized products. I was looking forward to it as generally the Christmas ones tend to be really good and full of great items. There is a total of 11 different products in this months pack, very impressive I must say!




There were a total of 7 products included on the card, plus 4 bonus products which seemed to be left overs from previous Glam Packs, as they are products I have tried.


PRODUCT 001. Dr. Wendy's 100% Botanical Skin Care Gentle Toner [Fullsize RRP $29.50 (50ml)]
This is one of the full sized products and already you get your money's worth plus a bit more! It sounds like a great toner, as it is 100% plant based, made in NZ and is alcohol free, which means it won't excessively dry out the skin. I was surprised to find it has a spray pump; different from other toners I have used so I am looking forward to seeing how it works.


PRODUCT 002. Sukin Facial Moisturiser [RRP $12.20 (125ml)]
I've seen Sukin around but never actually tried anything from the brand. This daily moisturiser has an infusion of aloe vera, horsetail, nettle and burdock, with rosehip, wheat germ, jojoba and avocade oil to promote healthy skin [quoting from the card]. It sounds like it is packed with great ingredients and is a generous 30ml sample size.


PRODUCT 003. Pure Fiji Hydrating Guava Body Lotion [Fullsize RRP $49.00 (350ml)]
They must have had a few extra of these lying around as we got this in October's Glam Pack. I absolutely love it, it smells incredible and is lightweight and moisturising on the skin.


PRODUCT 004. Swisspers Cleansing Eye Make-Up Remover Pads [Fullsize RRP $6.75 (30 Pads)]
Another fullsized product, with a pack of eye make-up removers. I have used the Swisspers makeup wipes and they work well, so it will be nice to try these makeup wipes specifically designed for the eye area. They contain aloe vera and vitamin E, are alcohol free, hypo-allergenic and pH balanced.


PRODUCT 005. Pratty's Tea [Fullsize RRP $7.90-$13.90 (100-500gm)]
This is a little bit of a random product, but is a sample of the Pratty's Strawbs and Cream tea! I'm not a big tea drinker (gimme coffee anyday) but flavoured tea is something I can probably handle.


PRODUCT 006. Blinc Mascara in Black [Fullsize RRP $44.95 (6g)]
I am so intrigued by this mascara; apparently it creates tiny water resistant 'tubes' around your lashes so they won't clump, run, smudge or flake. I've never heard of this mascara, or the idea of tubes, I imagined it would be similar to fibre mascaras.


PRODUCT 007. ShowStoppers Nude + Black Strips [Fullsize RRP $9.99 (Pack of 12 Nude + 12 Black Strips)]
I believe that these were included in a previous month's Glam Pack and they are from the brand ShowStoppers and are a pack of nude and black sticky strips to tape clothes in place so you don't over expose particular body parts.


PRODUCT 008. Booty Parlour's Flirty Little Secret Firming Cream With Pheromones [Fullsize RRP $67.99 (135ml)]
This was in a very early Glam Pack, I think it was March and I actually only used it last week! It is a bit of an odd product but I will be talking about it in my The Samples #002 post which will be up next week.



PRODUCT 009. L'oreal Paris Youth Code Luminosity Serum [Fullsize RRP $34.99 (30ml)]
I am looking forward to trying this serum from L'oreal as I have never actually tried any of their skincare range. There were a generous 10 sample sachets at 1.5ml each, so 15ml total of this serum which is half the amount that you get in the full sized. It is a light infusing serum that has intense corrective action of dark spots and imperfections and is seen to have shown results in 1 week.


PRODUCT 010. Sample Bar's Heart Shaped Toe Separators [Fullsize $3.99 (For a pair)]
This was another product that was in a previous Glam Pack, so now I have a full set of these! Not much to say about this, as it is pretty standard toe separator, but does have cute heart designs.



PRODUCT 011. L'Oreal Paris Elvive Volume Collagen Texturising Shampoo [Fullsize RRP $6.59 (250ml)]
A bit of a L'Oreal filled box this month, along with the serum we received 7 sachets of this texturising shampoo. It is supposed to transform flat hair, using the replumping power of collagen. My hair isn't that fine but can get a bit flat so I am intrigued to see whether this will make a difference.

I have gotta say I am super impressed at how many products we were given and many that I look forward to using over the next 4 weeks. If you have tried any of these things, let me know in the comments and what your thoughts are about them!

Comments

back to top