MAYBELLINE | Color Whisper in Lust For Blush Review + Swatch


There are those times when that one lipstick comes along and just sweeps you off your feet.. well not exactly, but it is Valentine's Day (shout out to all the singles!) and I have some mad love to show for this Maybelline Color Whisper in the shade Lust For Blush. I picked this up at Farmers for 25% off a couple of weeks ago (usual price around $15) and I have been wearing it pretty much everyday since.



Lust For Blush not only has a very cute name, but also has an incredible colour to it. The Color Whispers are more of a tinted balm type product, not as pigmented as a traditional lipstick but as the name might suggest - giving a whisper of colour, with colour that can be sheer, but also built up.


The packaging sits in with the traditional Maybelline lipsticks with the silver bottom and tube, with the semi-opaque lids. The Color Whispers are much skinnier and slightly taller and I prefer the slimmer packaging.


The colour is a light dusky pink shade, that looks natural on the lips but gives the right amount of colour to really make them look amazing - it's that 'your lips but better' look. They feel very moisturising on the lips and stay on pretty well, but are very creamy, so probably don't last as long as other lipsticks. I don't mind this as they are so easy to apply and you don't have to worry about getting it on the lips perfectly as they are on the sheerer side.

As I have completely fallen in love with the colour and the formula (expect to see it in my Feb Most Loved), I am eyeing up a few of the other shades as well. If you have these, let me know your favourite colour in the comments so I can go give it a swatch and try in store.

Comments

back to top