OPI | Take Ten Mini Collection Review + Swatches


OPI do mini nail polishes set really well; offering a set with each new collection they bring out, usually with only 4 polishes. If you are a reader of my blog, you'll know that I love me some OPI polishes and have a fair amount of the brand in my collection. I also have a couple of the mini sets and if you want to check them out, here are the links to reviews I have done with swatches too: Mariah Carey Four Holidays Hits, Oz The Great + Powerful, The Amazing Spiderman, and James Bond 007 Skyfall minis. The mini sets are the perfect way to try a number of shades without committing to a full sized bottle, so when I saw the Take Ten set my nail polish sensors went into overdrive.




The OPI Take Ten set contains two boxes of 5 polishes each, a total of 10 mini bottles. These shades are permanent in the OPI line and this is a collection of their top selling/favourite shades. Although I have many bottle of OPI I only owned 1 of these in the full sized, that being Pirouette My Whistle (which was only recently added - see haul here). I always tend to gravitate to the new collections or the bright ones and glitters, so it is nice to have these mini bottles to actually try some of the cult favourites. As with most OPI I have tried, the formulas are great, non streaky, usually always opaque with 2 coats and generally have really good wear time without chipping (I find about 4-5 days).



PACK ONE // THE LIGHT NEUTRALS

001. Pirouette My Whistle - A clear base with tiny specks of silver glitter saturated through it, as well as larger white hexagonal shapes.

002. Alpine Snow - The classic pure white polish. One that every nail enthusiast should own.

003. Bubble Bath - A very, very light pink. Soft and neutral shade that can be sheer, or built up.

004. Tickle My France-y - A brown toned dark pink, again very neutral and great for the 'nude' nail trend.

005. You Don't Know Jacques! - A light chocolatey brown, that lends towards the more purple/pink tones.



PACK TWO // THE REDS

006. Cajun Shrimp - A bright orange red. Super opaque in one swipe.

007. Big Apple Red - That true, classic red nail polish. Again, one that every nail lover should have.

008. German-icure by OPI - A shimmery dark red, almost coppery in some lights.

009. Malaga Wine - Much deeper, darker red than Big Apple Red. Perfect for winter.

010. Lincoln Park After Dark - A super deep dark and vampy purple, that does look black on the swatch but in lighter conditions you can see the purple in it.

I really like this collection and it is great especially if you want a taster of OPI's top shades, or just love the cute mini bottles. It is definitely heavy on the darker reds but I think it suits the overall theme for this set. My favourites from the bunch are Bubble Bath, Cajun Shrimp, German-icure by OPI and Lincoln Park After Dark. I managed to pick this up from OnceIt for only $25.95.

What is you favourite shade from the Take Ten set?

Comments

back to top