MAYBELLINE | Color Whisper Lipstick in Petal Rebel + Oh La Lilac


I am no stranger to the Color Whisper line of lipsticks from Maybelline; Lust For Blush (which I have a review on, here) is a lip colour I reach for on the daily, so it is no surprise that I brought another couple. And I obviously have to share their greatness on Cassandra Myee today!



This time I opted for two shades, one a light baby pink and the other a light purple, both colours I love wearing on the lips.


001. PETAL REBEL
If you are wanting a fully pigmented and opaque lipstick, these are definitely not for you. As the name suggest it is a 'whisper of colour' and I liken them to a lipstick/balm hybrid. They are moisturising, non-fussy, easy to wear, that gives a tint of colour to the lips. This shade is a very light baby pink and it does almost go undetectable on the lips, but just helps to even out the colour on the lips and add a nice sheen that is not too glossy.


002. OH LA LILAC
This shade packs a bit more punch in the colour pigment department. Although still a very light, lilac shade, the colour is still noticeable on the lips. I would say it is a good start if you want to get into more of a purple lip - I would suggest this would be a good place to start and then build up from there to something more opaque.

The Color Whispers are a handbag staple, they are so easy to throw on, give some colour to the lips whilst also leaving them nourished. They are great as well, as there is no need for a mirror, you can swipe it on and be on with your day. Now I am on a bit of a Color Whisper buzz, all of the other shades are just calling my name... this could be dangerous territory!

They retail for around $15 here in NZ, but Famers often have some offer or deal going on, so I suggest keeping an eye out on their mailer.

Do you love the Color Whispers as much as me? What is your must have shade from the lot?

Comments

back to top