MAYBELLINE | #getalittlelippy Buy 1, Get 1 Free


At the beginning of April Maybelline launched their #getalittlelippy campaign aimed at promoting their lipsticks and also getting the nation into wearing lipsticks no matter how bright or bold. At most stockists (Farmers, The Warehouse, pharmacies etc.) they are offering Buy 1, Get 1 Free on all lipsticks. When I heard this I rushed into my closest Farmers and grabbed two. I'm a huge fan of their lipstick offering, if you are an avid reader of my blog you will know I love the Color Whispers, but I decided to grab a couple from two of their different lines.




001. Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick in 015 Born With It
The first one I gravitated towards was this lovely pink nude shade called Born With It. It is from their normal line and has a very creamy, almost balm like texture. It is that 'your lips but better' kind of shade and helps to even out the colour of the lips whilst still looking natural. I find myself reaching for this shade most days when I can't decide what colour to go for.


002. Maybelline Bold Matte in MAT1
On the complete opposite end of the scale is this super bold, super vivid shade from their new matte line. This whole line is so intense and great for find a colour if you want to step out of your comfort zone a bit! This lipstick is super pigmented, dries to a matte finish but is not drying nor does it flake away. It is comfortable on the lips, perfect if you want a matte lip but have lips that a prone to drying out.


Now for the swatches - Born With It shows three swipes and you can see the creamy sheen it has to it, making it so natural on the lips. MAT1 shows two swipes, it is so bright and bold and is a hot pink that lends to be slightly red.

These retail for $21.99, so getting two for the price of one is just such a good deal. I think the promotion runs until next week around the country, so worth going and stocking up on some lippies while they are so cheap!

Let me know what lipstick colour you gravitate towards, or your favourite one; I'd love to know!

Comments

back to top