MOST LOVED | March '14


The month of March treated me pretty well, there were a total of 26 new posts on the blog, lots of hauls (#sorrynotsorry) and a bunch of product reviews - check out my blog archive for a full list of all the posts. Most of my Most Loved from this month are products that I got in March and used pretty much everyday since I got each product, so let's hop to it!


BEAUTY


001. Pretty Perfect Nail Drying Spray
I'd heard a thing or two about these nail drying sprays, and when I saw this for $5 at Postie (rest of the haul here) I had to give it a go. It has literally changed my life... ok, slight exaggeration there but it really has made such a difference to my nail painting process. Once I've applied the polish I just give the can a shake and spray it across the nails - they are pretty much fully dry in a minute. This is perfect for when you're in a rush and you don't have to worry about completely screwing up your freshly painted nails. If you can get to a Postie for $5 this is well worth picking up!


002. Real Techniques Powder Brush
RT really can do no wrong! I very nearly have every single RT brush and I am surprised it has taken me so long to actually purchase this brush. March was the month for it and it came in a nice big package along with a few other goodies (iHerb haul here) and it was love at first use. The brush is so soft, exactly as I expected, it is really big and fluffy so it makes sweeping powder over the face a very quick job and it spreads the product evenly setting everything in place. It washes perfectly as well and I have used this every single day since I got it.


003. Australis Colour Inject Mineral Lipstick in Jive
This is the most perfect 'your lips but better' shade. You can chuck it on and don't have to worry about it clashing with the rest of your makeup and is a handbag essential. The colour is a natural pink, which lightens the lip colour slightly and is just generally very flattering. I love the formula as well, it has great pigmentation, super creamy and easy to glide on and does stay for a pretty reasonable amount of time considering the creaminess of it. I don't think anyone can go wrong with a shade like this.


004. Rimmel Volume Flash Scandaleyes Mascara in 001 Black
This mascara was an expected surprise; I've had it sitting in my draw for a couple of month and hadn't given it much of a go until at the start of March I thought 'I really need to use this!' And it is pretty blimmin' great! The wand is MASSIVE and I thought it was just going to be a complete clumpy raccoon mess - but the formula is just perfect; you can build it up for really intense volume and there is very little clumping. It is super black and super lengthening and holds a curl all day. There is no flaking off, and it looks just as good at night as it did in the morning. Obviously mascaras work so differently for everyone but if you're looking for a cheap mascara to try - it's worth it!


005. e.l.f. Studio High Definition Undereye Setting Powder
This was a total Shaaanxo induced purchase, after watching all her tutorials and seeing this in action I had to get it. It really is darn good! The powder is very fine and has a slight pink sheen to it with bits of glitter in it - not so much that it is noticeable but enough to brighten the eye area up. It minimises creasing, sets concealer so it doesn't budge and is just generally a great undereye setting powder. I use it with the Real Techniques Setting Brush as it fits perfectly into the little pot. I have actually just gone out and purchased the HD Face powder as well seeing as I liked this so much!


006. The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer
I feel like I am the last person to hope onto The Balm wagon - this is my first and only product from them and it certainly is not going to be the last! This highlighter is everything I expected it to be and more! It is a lightly champagne shade and a little goes a long way. The powder is very fine without obvious bits of glitter and it gives the top of the cheekbones the luminosity that definitely wasn't there before. Safe to say, I'm in love!

MUSIC


007. Beyonce - BEYONCE
I've had this album since it came out and have listened to it on and off but hadn't gotten into it until this month when I just couldn't get enough! This women can do know wrong and she kills it on this album! The songs I have on repeat are Drunk in Love, Partition (I can't get enough of it!!), Mine (feat. Drake) and ***Flawless. But honorable mentions to Pretty Hurts and XO. If you haven't got this - where have you been living?! Go to iTunes right now and download it! [Or alternatively, search 'Superfruit' on YouTube and watch Mitch and Scott absolutely nail all of the songs in a glorious medley.]

008. Frozen Soundtrack
No surprises there; I am sure this has been many peoples favourites for the last couple of months - I can't get the songs out of head! I loved the movie and I love reliving the movie through the soundtrack, my favourites are Love Is An Open Door and of course, Let It Go (the Idina Menzel version, sorry Demi!)

009. Pharrell Williams -  G I R L
Happy is that song that no one can get out of there head, or that you just can't help to dance to, the rest of his new album is no different! It is such a fun, cool album and has some great collaborations, including Justin Timberlake, Alicia Keys and uncredited, Miley Cyrus. Well worth listening to are Marilyn Monroe, Brand New (feat. JT) and Come Get It Bae.

Let me know what you have been loving in March and leave me a comment! I am so excited for April - tomorrow is my birthday, YAY and also its Easter when you can eat as many Mini Eggs as you want!

Comments

back to top