My Travel Makeup Bag #003


This post has been waiting a wee while in the background of Cassandra Myee, and a few of the products mentioned I have actually used up now (to be fair they were coming to the end of their life), which you may have seen in previous empties posts. But dismiss that, because nearly all the other products I still have a lot of love for and are staples in my travel makeup bag. My bag of choice is this clear top zip up case I got from Kathmandu; it's great because you can see the majority of the contents and it is pretty slim so easy to pack in any bag (I'm actually surprised by how much I can fit in there!) If you want to catch up on previous Travel Makeup Bags - here is #001 and #002 for you to enjoy.


Can we all just take a moment and bask in all this makeup?!

PRIME
Such an important step in my makeup routine is making sure I have an even base. I suffer from huge, crater like pores (may be a slight exaggeration... but you get the drift), so Benefit The Porefessional is a must for filling them in and making them a bit less noticeable. I tend to focus that on the areas I need it and I usually then use the MUA/Fashionista Fashion Secret Mattifying Primer around the outer parts of my face. It is silicon based and it just helps to ensure I have a good matte base to keep the oiliness at bay (plus it was super cheap).


BASE
I like to go in with a BB Cream to start off with to add coverage to the face so I don't have to pack on as much foundation and I am really enjoying the Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector in Light (which I have a full review on here), it gives a really good amount of coverage so I can get away with wearing it on its own. But for days when I want some more coverage I have been trying to use up this L'Oreal Bare Naturale Gnetle Mineral Makeup in Soft Ivory. It gives good coverage and also feels lightweight on the skin. To add even more coverage if I want it, I also have MAC Studio Fix Powder in N5, which is really a bit too orangey for me, but I make it work.


CONCEAL
For my under-eyes I use the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Undereye Conceaer in Fair (now an empty), it gives good coverage and hides any dark circles. If I wanted a bit more brightness under the eyes, the Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer in Nude (review here) gets thrown in the bag as well. For spots/dark spots on the face, the Revlon Colorstay Blemish Concealer in Light, does the job brilliantly and lasts all day.


SET
I can't go anywhere without the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in Transparent (I rave about it here), it is great to sweep all over the face to ensure any shine is gone from the picture. I've also been using the Benefit Agent Zero Shine Powder (and, I've also done a full review on it here) which I focus more around my nose and pores and forehead where I get the oiliest the quickest and it helps to keep it matte for much longer. And then to lock it all down, I always need a couple spritz of the e.l.f. Studio Makeup Mist & Set.


CHEEKS
A do-it-all palette and one that is great for travelling is this Sleek Face Form Palette in Light (review + swatches here). It has a matte bronzer, lovely champagne highlight and an amazing rose gold blush in it, all you could want for any look (well, you might want another shade of blush, but we are trying to pack light here).


EYES [PART 1]
For shadows I threw in the Maybelline 24hr Color Tattoo in Bad To The Bronze,which acts as a great base, but also looks amazing on its own - it is super easy to chuck on with a finger and you are good to go. For more options I can't resist a good palette. The Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette has it all, with 12 amazingly beautiful shadows in it, it is more than enough that you could want when travelling. Always a great edition is the small and compact Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette, made up of mostly matte shadows that are staple to any makeup look, or wearing on their own if I want to be more neutral.


BROWS
I feel like I neglected my brows for so long, and now I just can't go a day without filling them in - it makes a world of difference. I love the BYS Brow & Eye Pencil in Blonde as it has a slanted tip which you can use to define with the thinner edge and then easily fill in with the thicker side. To amp up the hairs, Benefit Gimme Brow in Light/Medium adds more colour, sets them in place and adds fibres to volumise - these two together are brows in a jiffy.


EYES [PART 2]
For liner, I love the e.l.f Waterproof Eyeliner Pen in Black - this does not budge and the felt tip point is easy to use and leaves a nice crisp line. To brighten the eye I always use the Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal in Nude in my waterline. My mascara of choice is Benefit They're Real Mascara, it just gives the best volume and density to the lashes, I also have the Covergirl Clump Crusher Mascara in Black (another now empty) on hand to use on the bottom lashes and to brush through lightly after using the Benefit mascara.


LIPS
A Maybelline Baby Lips in Mango Pie (or any other flavour - see the collection I have here) is always at hand to keep my lips mositurised. MUA Power Pout Colour Intense Tint & Balm in Irreplacable leaves a bright pink colour to the lips and also stains them slightly so the colour lasts for hours. One of my all time favourite lipsticks is the Revlon Super Lustrous Matte Lipstick in Pink Pout so of course, that had to come along with me.

For my brushes, I use pretty much the same as I have in previous Travel Makeup Bags (linked above), so decided not to include them but they are the usual suspects like Real Techniques, e.l.f. etc. And that wraps up my Travel Makeup Bag #003!

I want to know your travel makeup essentials, is there a palette or lipstick you have to take with you?!

Comments

back to top