THE BALM | Mary-Lou Manizer Review


Essiebutton has got to be one of the biggest enablers out there in the Youtube/beauty blogging world, everything she talks about I instantly feel the need to buy right then and there, and this purchase was all down to her...




This just happens to be my first ever purchase from The Balm; I have heard so many great things about it, not only about this highlighter but many of their other products, so it wasn't going to be long before a bit of The Balm hit my makeup stash. First off, doesn't it have such adorable packaging, I love the whole style of the brand and it definitely stands out from other brands available!


So what is good ol' Mary-Lou Manizer all about? Well, it is the most beautiful highlighter you quite possibly will ever use on your face, and I have already raved about it in my Most Loved March '14. I've used various other highlighters, but nothing really compares to this one. It is a creamy, champagne shade, that has a hint of gold through it. There is no obvious huge glitter bits in it, so when placed on the cheekbones/high points of the face it just gives a natural glow or sheen, where you want the light to hit and reflect from your face.

This is one of the most natural highlighters I have tried, but you can definitely go overboard with it. It is seriously pigmented and just the lightest touch with a brush gives you all the product you could need. This works great with a fan brush for a light dusting, but my brush of choice is the Yachiyo Brush I found on eBay. This product does double duty as well, it can be used as an eyeshadow, brow bone highlight and an inner corner highlight to instantly brighten that area up.

I bought mine from Feel Unique (they ship worldwide) for around NZD $34, a great price seeing as this is going to last me a very long time! Or you can buy it in NZ from Pagan Marie for NZD $35 with free shipping.

What are some The Balm products I should be on the lookout for next? Any must haves from the brand?

Comments

back to top