My Travel Makeup Bag #002


It's about time I did an updated Travel Makeup bag seeing as my last one was from August! This particular assortments of products was for a weekend trip, when I was going out both Friday and Saturday night so I needed makeup that was going to last and be able to created more night out looks [hence why I brought 2 palettes, I needed the eye shadow choice!] Many of the products are staples in my everyday makeup as well and I just couldn't travel slash live without them! My makeup bag was was one from Kathmandu that came with 2 other smaller ones, it is nothing glamorous but I wanted something that was clear so I could see easily what I had brought with me.



STEP 001. PRIME
I can't go a day without priming my face now and I have been using Benefit's the PoreFessional Primer for the past month or so and loving it. I use that concentrated on my nose and cheeks and then use my Look Beauty Prime Perfect Primer all over the rest of my face.The combo helps to keep my makeup lasting all day and it makes a considerable difference.


STEP 002. BASE
I love the Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream for Oily Skin in Light it gives a hint of coverage and just helps to smooth the skin out slightly I then go in with my trusty L'Oreal Matte Morphose Souffle Foundation in Golden Ivory which can be built up to nearly full coverage, feels light weight, blends so easily and has a matte finish.

STEP 003. CONCEAL
For undereyes I go for the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Under Eye Concealer in Fair as it really helps to brighten that area. For spots/discolouration etc. I use the Revlon Colorstay Blemish Control Concealer in Light, it has salicylic acid in it which helps to treat as well conceal and blends well into my foundation.


STEP 004. SET
Naturally I go for my much loved Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in 001 Transparent to dust over all foundation and concealer to help mattify the skin and keep it all in the right place for longer. I then use the e.l.f. Makeup Mist + Set, usually a couple of times whilst doing my makeup, usually after powder and then again after bronzer, blush and eyes to refresh the skin but also set it all.



STEP 005. CHEEKS
I love the Sleek Face Contour Kit in Light as you get a matte bronzer and a really nice champagne highlighter and it is also super compact so great for travelling. My Benefit Rockateur Blush probably isn't the most compact for travel but it is such a gorgeous blush colour I just couldn't go without it.



STEP 006. EYES
This is the department that I have a hard time narrowing down products to travel with. Of course, The Urban Decay Naked Basic Palette is a must have, as it has the perfect matte shades, including a seriously pigmented black and also a shimmery white, perfect for highlighting. For other eyeshadow options I also took the Barry M Natural Glow Shadow + Blush Palette which has another blush option, and some great shimmery colours that compliment the Naked Basics palette really well. Because I just can't help myself, I also chucked in the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Sparkle Nude and the L'Oreal Color Infaillible Pressed Eyeshadow in Tender Caramel just incase I wanted to add some shimmer to my shadows. I ended up using the L'Oreal shadow one of the nights and it gave just the right amount of intense shimmer. For lining the inner rim I always reach for the Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal in 005 Nude as it helps to brighten and gets rid of any redness.


STEP 007. EYES [PART 2] + BROWS
For brows I always use the BYS Brow + Eye Pencil in Blonde and it does the job quick and with no fuss. For eyeliner and mascara I love the e.l.f. Waterproof Eyeliner Pen in Black as it goes on smooth and really lasts all day and night without any transfer. Mascaras of choice is the Benefit They're Real Mascara which gives the fake lash look and I usually go in with the Covergirl Clump Crusher Mascara in Very Black to add a little more to the tips of the lashes (and it doesn't clump up at all) and also on the bottom lashes as the curve in the brush helps to do it without being to thick and clumpy.


STEP 008. LIPS
I have a very soft spot for the Maybelline Baby Lips in Mango Pie (or any of the other for that matter) and it helps to keep my lips moisturised. For a pop of colours I also added the Lime Crime Opaque Lipstick in Great Pink Planet into my travel bag as it is a great colour for a summer night out.


THE TOOLS FOR THE JOB
As there are many brushes I use I won't get into detail exactly what for but I will just give a run down of their names.
[From left to right in case] Real Techniques Blush Brush, e.l.f. Studio Complexion Brush, Real Techniques Contour Brush, Real Techniques Pointed Foundation Brush, Real Techniques Setting Brush, Real Techniques Buffing Brush

[From top to bottom underneath case] Unbranded Eyeshadow Brush, Jessup [from eBay] Round Top Kabuki Brush, e.l.f. Studio 'C' Brush, Real Techniques Essential Crease Brush, Unbranded Spoolie Brush

[Others] Manicare Eyelash Curler, BYS Kabuki Brush, W7 Brush (flat brush for contouring [from Face Brighting Powder]

And that wraps up my travel makeup bag #002! Let me know your must have items for when you travel and makeup items you just couldn't go without in the comments below.

back to top